(Click to make it bigger.)
So, there you have it, the 2011 graphic line up. Some absolutely amazing graphics that really throw back to the 2009 style of hand drawn things. Didn't like the 2010 line up at all to be honest.. But now? Loz? Man-of-war? Money hate? Clip? I cant find words to say other than I want them all for my collection. Cant decide if Loz or Man-of-war is my favourite, they're both great. I plan to buy one or the other when the first stock is up, that thing will have a happy place in my collection. Whats also great is that they are bringing back with each graphic series, an old graphic, but in different colours. Hydrant makes a return from 2007. I hope they don't bring back lighthouse, I want to own one one day and for it to be rare. But, yea, any of the old graphics coming back would be soo good, they were all great!
Whats better than all of that is that that is only half of the graphics, and the rest will be out mid 2011.
They've also gone for something else interesting and new, a new shape. Not a new mold apparently, just a way of shaping the deck. Feast your eyes on the z2.
Nose and tail are different sizes and pointed more/less. I'm loving how realistic it is, I always hated that with some decks that are 100% symmetrical. When I look at my skateboard, the tail is pointier and smaller, and the nose is chunkier. And thats how I like to have fingerboards also, I think it goes with my style of riding. I have to have the deck a certain way around. I know some people like to ride perfectly even decks so it doesn't matter on what way round a deck is, but, not me. And, I think at the end of the day, the small difference, you'd get used to if you liked to use the deck either way around, and then it'd be a great deck. Its great to see them try something new!
They've also stepped up the game with new packaging. Looks amazing, really professional, and will definitely keep your deck safe in transit, as well as be a possible display case for serious collectors. Its also made of recycled plastic, which is pretty cool. Nice little thumbs up to nature, haha.
Amazing stuff from yellowood! If you're wondering when you can attack your bank balance and buy lots of amazing products (because you cant just buy one thing, they're too good, haha), you'll be stoked to know stock goes up today! No idea when, probably in the early evening, UK time (they're on the same time zone as us here). That's a complete guess though, so, yea, keep checking today.
Here's betting the server will crash! It'll be just like old times, haha :)
www.yellowoodstore.com