Zink Deck Review

I've been riding and liking this deck for a while now, so I feel it's finally time to do what I was supposed to do, a review! Pictures? I set this up with BRT Wides, Grand Wheels, and Ace3.




Shipping was pretty quick, around a week US -> UK. Came nicely packaged and with some cool stickers too. 10/10

First impressions, I absolutely loved the bottom ply! Really nice looking, and everything about the deck had a really professional finish. Not to mention some rad coloured middle and top plies too - pretty much thumbs up all round. 10/10

Craftsmanship is really flawless on this deck, I cant find a single point to complain about it. Great rounding, nicely and evenly pressed, perfect holes and countersinks, and a nice coat of lacquer to finish it off. 10/10

Performance of this deck really surprised me, I'd not tried one before so I didn't know what to expect - what I found was very nice though! The shape is a medium kick/concave, which is too much concave for me as it's a rather generous medium concave that feels too deep for my liking. However I did get used to it, and found that all my tricks went down pretty easy, thanks to the nice shaped kicks and tons of pop to match. It's a really solid board overall, however I found that due to the shape riding miniramp and/or cruising didn't seem anywhere near as good as it would for me compared to a slightly 'fatter' feeling deck - however with good street performance it's a fair tradeoff. The only other downside is the smudgy lacquer after slides, which is something you get with thick lacquer that's again a tradeoff: it's super shiny, yet once it's been scratched off the bits that scratch look smudged. Gives it kind of an interesting look though, so it's not all bad. 9.25/10

Overall whilst this deck wasn't my preference in terms of concave, I found it to be super nice to ride, as well as really solid, with absolutely flawless craftsmanship. If you're after a deck to cruise on or ride mini with as well as street I wouldn't recommend this, but very few decks I find can do both well, so it's a fair tradeoff with the otherwise nice performance you get. These deserve a lot more recognition for how nice they are! 9.5/10

Go check Zink here :)
Real Time Web Analytics