Woodguest Graphic Deck Review

Woodguest decks are looking seriously nice these days, and after some new products came out the owner was nice enough to send two decks my way. So here's my review! Pictures?




Shipping was pretty quick, around a week Czech Republic - UK. Came nicely packaged and arrived in perfect condition too. 10/10

First impressions
were me being soo stoked on everything that he sent! Two amazing decks, one being an awesome oldschool deck, and also some keychains and a ton of stickers. Everything looked amazing, and the quality of these decks has really gone up since the last ones I tried, and definitely since the quality of the first one I tried and reviewed back in 2011. Great shaping, really nicely pressed decks, and some phenomenal graphics. 10/10

Craftsmanship
of these decks is amazing, everything is soo nicely pressed, rounded, lacquered, and the graphics were put on with a really nice shine to them. All nicely topped off with the Woodguest logo, I couldn't see a single thing to complain about - especially when setup was effortless and all the holes went in perfectly too. 10/10

Performance
of these decks is pretty awesome. I'll focus mainly on the normal board for this section, so just to say a few words about the oldschool: whilst it's a super fun shape it's definitely more oldschool than cruiser. Great to ride pools on though! Back to the main deck, it's got amazing pop and feels soo responsive, every trick I could get easily and straight away on it, and it felt really nice to catch tricks on too. For lines I felt it a little harder to use, because it's got a longer wheelbase and is only 30mm wide. I know that's some people's preference, but I just wanted this to be wider, much like my thoughts on the Yellowood Z2s. When Z3s came out, they became mindblowingly good decks, so I think if these ever make it to 32mm I'll be singing their praises a lot. The kicks also felt a bit too long, but I think if that same length kick was translated onto a 32mm board it'd go from weird to perfect. Width aside this does perform and control nicely, and seems to last too, even the wear graphic didn't take much damage after a lot of seshing. It's just a shame relaxed lines for me felt like they wanted something less thin feeling. 9.25/10

Overall
these decks have come a LONG way since the first Woodguest I tried a year or so ago. The pop is now rock solid, with great craftsmanship in every aspect, cool graphics, and a very useable shape whether you go oldschool or standard. It's a shame they've not yet made the leap to 32mm - I don't think ALL boards need to be this wide but I think for boards with a longer wheelbase it makes them soo much more fun to use, as well as bring them to a width that's basically a 'norm' these days. That's really all I can say negative about these decks, otherwise I'd highly recommend checking them out. 9.5/10

Go check Woodguest on facebook here :)
Real Time Web Analytics