Primitive Cruiser Review

I've been stoked on this deck since I got it from Primitive as a sort of early Christmas present, so coming to my review is something I've been looking forward to! Pictures? I set this up with BRT wides, Winkler Big Daddy'z, and Capital Griptape.




Shipping
was pretty quick, I believe just under a week Norway to England. Impressive for this time of year, and it arrived in perfect condition too. 10/10

First impressions
I was blown away not only by how rad this looked, but the overall presentation of the deck! The packaging and everything it comes with are a definite compliment to an amazing looking deck. 10/10

Craftsmanshi
p of this deck is great, there's not really anything bad to say about it. Perfectly shaped, perfectly rounded, perfect holes, nicely pressed, and a really rad graphic that I believe is screenprinted? However it's done, it looks awesome. One bad thing that's really just pointing out is that if you were being 100000000% picky, the back truck could be maybe 0.5mm further from the curve of the tail, as it'd sit easier then. 9.5/10

Performance
of this deck is obviously not like a normal board, and that's to be expected. It's barely got a nose, is super thin, and a really fun whippy cruiser shape, so it's not going to be the deck you'd take with you to win a game of SKATE. However.. it's actually got some possibilities for normal tricks and I found kickflips and even nollie flips came quite easy on it, which was weird for how different this was from what I was used to in a lot of ways. It's great for cruising too obviously, and for really fun whippy bowl/miniramp sessions - you can even pull of noseblunts on that tiny nose! In terms of wear the lacquer held up perfectly, and the wear graphic started to smudge in the nicest way I've seen from any deck, ever. It's soo much like a skateboard! However overall it does take some getting used to, but not much, so 9.5/10

Overall
it's hard how to classify this deck. Should you buy this if you're looking for a main? No. Not at all, it's an amazing fun deck but not a shape like a radramps cruiser that's a cruiser which could substitute a main deck. BUT it does a lot good, has great possibilities for normal tricks too, and is as I've said, fun! That's really what I love about this, going back to grip, putting on some huge wheels, and riding this transports you to another era of fingerboarding in a way. And for miniramp, it's probably one of my favourite boards, which is why I plan to keep this set up for a long time. It's not going to replace by Blosom, never will replace a standard fingerboard, but it's amazingly well made, pops great, and is tons of fun. I'd say it's a testiment to how nice the normal shape Primitive boards will be when they're out - after all the only difference is the nose/tail shape and the width - and with the level of presentation put into these boards there's a lot to like and look forward to! A final thought would be this, don't pick this up looking to replace your main fingerboard - but do pick it up looking to have a lot of fun. 9.5/10

Primitive haven't fully launched yet (at time of writing) but I hear it's soon, so check them on facebook here :)
Real Time Web Analytics