Propaganda Tape Review

I put a new piece of this tape on my main deck today (Blosom 32.5mm, BRR Wides, TKYs, Winklers) after I accidentally dropped something sharp on the last piece and ripped a hole in it (it would have killed any tape, so not a fault of this) - and I realised as much as I love this tape, I'd never reviewed it! So, here's a review. First some pictures, sorry they're bad but a) don't put tape on when you're tired or you'll cut the hole out on the wrong side like I did ._. and b) I don't have a brilliant lens for macros.



Shipping of this tape when I got it was less than a week, which is pretty awesome considering its coming all the way from Czech Republic. Came in a nice bubble mailer, the guys at SWAT are awesome people and always friendly + helpful, so you'll get your package asap. 10/10

First impressions
of this tape would have been the first time I saw it.. back at EFC last year. I remember thinking it looked nothing like my preference, but then when I tried it I was amazingly impressed with how well it performed. It looks similar to the new riptape (but came out a long time before) and has the similar mint green backing too, but as you can see this tape has weird 'dots' in it - the pores are like someone stabbed it with a pin a lot. I'll get into that more in a bit. 10/10

Craftsmanship
- N/A - its tape, people buy it, the end.

Performance of this tape is absolutely fantastic. First of all, there is literally NO wear in time what so ever. Which is where its similarities to the new riptape lie, and why I assume BRR went for a material similar to the material Propaganda had been using for ages - it's perfect from the second its on the board. It doesn't as such wear in, it stays this good until you've seshed it for months and its got a hole in it, just like any tape. What's very unique about it is the little holes/pores it has on it, they give it all the best qualites of an open pored tape such as riptape, which keeping all the qualities of a poreless tape, such as new rip/china tape/etc. It feels smooth, but the pores still have a huge effect on performance and allow you to move your fingers very easily on the board, and give great board control. They way I think this works is that the main part of the material is grippy, so you can get your tricks up there, but the pores break up the grip, so your fingers can move and allow you to flick off for kickflips, and every other trick basically. In terms of longevity, I've had a piece of this last me 3 months of basically every day use, which is all any tape has gotten me, even classic riptape, which is known for being long lasting. 2 months I imagine you'd get out of this average, but that's good for any tape. The only negative thing I can say is that if you use it for hours at a time, like an all day sesh at an event, your fingers will get a LOT more black than from any other tape. Nothing washing your hands wont fix, but its worth mentioning. 9.75/10

Overall
I wish this tape got more exposure outside of the Czech area scene, because its honestly the best tape I've ever tried. I have it on both my mains, and don't plan to go back to anything else any time soon. Riptape classic for me comes a close second, but this (to quote Hannah Montana) is 'the best of both worlds'. All the goodness from a poreless tape, with all the goodness of an open pore tape. And the only downside? At the end of the day you have to wash your hands. I mean, you should probably do that anyway! Its priced basically the same as riptape, and comes in uncut 35mm sheets, so any deck will fit fine. Go try it, I don't think you'll regret it! 10/10

You can pick this up from SWAT here (google translate will probably help you, otherwise I think there's an email address somewhere on the site you can email, the guys running the site speak English!), OR you can go pick it up on Fingersized here :)
Real Time Web Analytics