Compiny Deck Review

Compiny sent over this super special Campus Skatepark graphic deck for me to review, and after loads of time using it I'm finally here with a review. Pictures? I set this up with BRTs, Winklers, and China tape.




Shipping was pretty quick, around a week US to UK. It arrived in some pretty rad packaging and was in perfect condition too. 10/10

First impressions
of this deck, I was stoked on the graphic! Everything else of the deck looks pretty nice too, although if I'm honest I was a little put off by the high kicked nose. That said, it's a beautiful deck to look at - I suppose a 33.5mm is going to look a bit odd at first because it's soo wide. 9.5/10

Craftsmanship
on this deck is in a lot of ways brilliant. The deck is nicely pressed, very crisp, and shaped nicely on the kicks and edges. Perfect holes too in terms of all of them being aligned to fit the trucks properly, BUT they were too close to the curve of the kicks and as such whilst it's only really an aesthetic issue, the trucks didn't sit fully flat to the deck. Like I said, that made no difference to performance. 9/10

Performance
of this deck is.. interesting. In some ways it's amazing, 33.5mms might sound crazy wide but I had no trouble getting used to it, and found it still flipped as easy as a 32mm would so all you had was a little more control. The deck is packed full of pop, and in keeping with it being a solid deck it also didn't show any signs of wear after a lot of riding and sliding on many different surfaces. I wish I could say nothing but good things about this, but in honesty there's a few things about this deck that make me really not like using it. The most prominent is it's really high nose, it looks a tiny bit higher than the nose on a G13 and just feels awkward I found, it got in the way of some flip tricks and just didn't seem to flow with the deck. The kicks are fairly short, which I feel would work fine if they were a bit lower, but especially the nose really bugged me, and as much as I got used to it per se, it never felt fully comfortable to ride with. I guess that's preference, if you like hardcore decks these I'm sure will appeal to you, but I found it a thorn in an otherwise beautiful deck - especially when paired with the shortish kicks. That said it's definitely not a bad deck to use, just.. interesting. 8.5/10

Overall
in a lot of ways this is an amazing deck. Pretty nice craftsmanship, a solid, pop filled deck, and in a size that's interesting but also useable by anyone who's into 32mms. Whilst this graphic will never be available for sale they've done other graphics that also look really interesting, as well as blanks, so there's a nice choice out there at a pretty nice price. What does unfortunately let it down is that I couldn't get fully comfortable with the high nose, so I find it hard to recommend it to anyone who's into anything even remotely mellow. That said, maybe it's just me - as this is a deck with soo many other plus points.. just in my eyes it's not flawless. 9/10

Go check Compiny here :)
Real Time Web Analytics