Pheon Tape Review

I recently got a few sheets of Pheon tape to try from the owner, a friend of mine from the UK. I've used it a fair bit, on two decks, so here's my review! The pictures are on a deck, not a setup, because I accidentally took it off the deck I had tried it mainly on (as I'm trying out another tape) before I took pictures. Still looks the same though!



Shipping was really quick, a few days UK to UK, so it'd be fast wherever you are in the world. Came nicely packaged in an envelope with a note saying thankyou. 10/10

First Impressions
of the tape were me being really excited because it looked very much like my favourite tape, Rip, but slightly different, the teeniest bit less 'open' for lack of a better way of putting it. Still, it looked very much my preference and I was excited to try it. 10/10

Setup was easy, it cuts really nicely and gives a clean finish on your deck. Some tapes leave a horrible sticky residue, but there's none of that here. Clean, smooth, gunk free tape. Cant complain. 10/10

Performance of this tape is REALLY good. For someone who's used to a more open tape, such as rip, I found myself surprised at how well I could feel/control the board, and how much grip it had, even though it wasn't my exact preference. It doesn't tend to 'squidge' as much as some other tapes, which I also thought would be an issue when it came to performance for me, but, no, somehow this is really nice to use. It wears in fairly quickly, I'd say around a week of using it occasionally and it was worn in, which isn't too bad. It seems very durable too, a lot of small tape companies bring out great tapes that don't last, but this stuff, whilst it wears in, still seems to have a lot of life in it. Overall, an amazing tape. I will say not perfect in my books, its not going to beat Rip for me, but only just, and that's just me really. 9/10

Overall, its a fantastic tape. Its great to see something decent coming from another UK company, and its very very affordable compared to a lot of tape companies out there. Its a great price too, £3.20 for a 3 pack. I'm going to pick some up at some point for when I have to review decks, as its really one of my favourite tapes at the moment, and for the price you can't say no! If you're a fan of Rip, and/or are looking to try a new tape, I would highly recommend picking some up! 9/10

There is a website under construction, but for now you can pick some up by PMing the owner on youtube here :)
Real Time Web Analytics