Cardboard

So, I'm really honoured right now. Unite just got featured on FBWeekly!
Go check it out!
FBWeekly is an awesome blog, so, if you don't read it, you should.

ANYWAY, seeing something earlier got me thinking about cardboard ramps. I made an awesome quarter the other day with the help of my girlfriend, its soo much fun. It reminded me of when I had nothing but this tiny table top, 80x20cm, with a tiny cardboard quarter at one end and a tiny card kicker at the other end. It was still just as fun fingerboarding as it is now. I think a lot of kids these days don't think they're 'legit' fingerboarders unless they're using brr ramps and harriers, or, at least wood/concrete ramps rather than card. And no disrespect to any of those companies, brr stuff is SO good (and I'm hopefully getting a winkler dos soon, some crazy people on the internet are buying old clothes off me for way more than I ever thought I'd get, haha..) and harriers look amazing, I would love to try one one day.

BUT, at the same time, I think theres a distinct lack of people wanting to use cardboard ramps. They think they look bad, or, they're not good, or, they're not 'cool', like, 'I cant use a cardboard ramp else I wont get anyone subscribing to me and people will call me a noob!'. I really wish people could get rid of that stereotype that is becoming more apparent with the new people in the scene, and just have fun with cardboard ramps. Its a great way for people to get into fingerboarding without spending much money.. get a cheap deck, td hardware, and use some cardboard ramps, thats like.. £10-15 for a setup + ramps, and it gets you into it and lets you have a LOT of fun. Even as people progress into expensive ramps, theres always gonna be something you'll love about the little ramps you make when you first start. I still have the quarter and kicker on the tiny little tabletop, and I still love them.

And if that wasn't inspiration enough, check this. Cardboard can do a lot:


(by Conrad M on FFI. Saw them and thought they had to be shared)

I mean.. look at them. Thats like, brr plaza level of awesomeness.
Now, go make something fun and fingerboard. :)
Real Time Web Analytics